For Top Commercial Countertop Maintenance Services In Tampa, Call Us!
Keeping your newly renovated kitchen clean and well-maintained is essential, especially when it comes to your new countertops. Countertops can become dirty, scuffed, and dinged in no time from usual prep while cooking. Granite countertop maintenance is especially important. Renovate Tampa Bay is here to help the Tampa area. In addition to our dedication to home renovations from the kitchen to flooring, we are now offering service plans to help you keep up with your countertop maintenance.
Factors That Determine Costs Of Commercial Renovations
Granite Countertop Maintenance Basics
Everyday maintenance of your granite surfaces is as easy as using a paper towel to wipe up spills or leftovers to avoid stains. You should also use warm, soapy water to clear away any dirt or crumbs. Once a week, you should mix three parts of dish soap and one part of rubbing alcohol to deep clean your countertops.
A granite stone sealer should be applied every few months after deep cleaning the surface to help provide extra protection from stains. It is essential to use a non-toxic sealer for kitchen countertops to avoid food contamination. It would be best if you never used Windex, vinegar, lemon juice, ammonia, or anything else that is harsh or acidic to clean granite. While granite is durable, acid can deteriorate the surface.
We are Fast, Reliable, and Always get the Job Done. The Best Commercial Renovation Services in Tampa.
How To Apply A Sealer
- First, you need to know if the countertop needs to be sealed. In a small corner of the counter, apply a little bit of water. A few inches away, apply a little bit of oil. Fifteen minutes later, if the water or oil has changed the color of the granite, the countertop needs to be resealed.
- Twenty-four hours before resealing, wash the counter. Avoid any harsh chemicals.
- Combine one teaspoon of dish soap and two tablespoons of rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle, filling the rest with water.
- Apply the mixture to the countertop, rubbing in a circular motion. Use a microfiber cloth.
- After 24 hours, apply the sealant one section at a time. After the absorption time has passed according to the bottle, wipe any extra off.
- Follow the directions on the bottle to find out if any additional coats are needed.
Importance Of Countertop Maintenance
Granite is porous, and bacteria can become trapped. Sealing your countertops helps reduce the number of cracks where bacteria can hide. Also, sealing can help prevent damage from everyday use, such as staining from spilled liquids and etching caused by acidic foods and cleaning products.
Granite and other stones are solid and durable. When used on countertops, granite provides a long-lasting beautiful function, and proper sealing, cleaning, and maintenance help extend its life.
Contact Us Today
Stone countertops are a great addition to any home. However, having them installed and maintained can be expensive. Their maintenance, especially granite countertop maintenance, is vital and should be a priority. Renovate Tampa Bay offers service plans to help you keep your counters beautiful. Our team is here to help you with your kitchen, flooring, and home remodeling projects. Contact our team today, and we will have your Tampa home looking shiny and new in no time.