After you’ve invested your hard-earned money and time into some new cabinets, you probably want to keep them in good condition for as long as possible. With care, a set of high-quality cabinets can last you many years. Read on to learn more about some tips for caring for your cabinets. Renovate Tampa Bay provides cabinets Tampa residents trust. Call Renovate Tampa Bay today for kitchen remodeling Tampa residents rave about!
How To Take Care Of Your Cabinets
Here are some tips from Renovate Tampa Bay, who provides kitchen remodeling Tampa loves, to care for your cabinets:
- Wood cabinet surfaces- Just like with all wood products, it’s key to avoid excessive moisture. Most wood cabinetry is designed for use inside the home or other buildings and is not intended for outdoor applications. After your cabinets have been installed, wipe down all exteriors with a damp cloth in order to get rid of dust. Complete a small area at a time and wipe dry. Wood cabinetry finishes may be cleaned and protected through utilizing any type of commercially available cleaning polish. Renovate Tampa Bay recommends an emulsion-type cleaner, which is formulated without wax, petroleum solvents, or silicones. The extended use of wax polishes may end up causing wax film buildup, while the use of silicone polishes can harm the finish of the cabinet. If you experience any minor damage, read up on how to touch up scuffs and nicks on your cabinets.
- Cleaning agents- Don’t use spray-type polishes that have petroleum solvents, since they are flammable and toxic if consumed. You can just use a damp cloth when cleaning normal household spills. After wiping thoroughly, dry the surface with a lint-free cotton cloth. If there are any stubborn stains, it may be necessary to utilize a mild detergent with warm water. Don’t use oven cleaner to touch any part of the cabinet.
We Provide Cabinets Tampa Residents Love
- Everyday care- You should always wipe up spills and water marks as they happen. Try and give special attention to areas around the sink and dishwasher, and don’t drape damp or wet dish towels over the door of the sink base cabinet. This moisture can accumulate over time and result in permanent water damage to the door.
- Care and cleaning of hardware- Every once in a while, take some mild soap and warm water and clean the door/drawer knobs or pulls. Thoroughly dry all the hardware joints and surfaces along with the surrounding area with a clean, soft cloth. Try and buff the hardware with a clean, dry cloth. Lubrication of hinges isn’t necessary, but hinges can be cleaned or dusted with cotton-tipped swabs.
- Avoid excessive heat- Self-cleaning appliances typically produce intense heat when on a cleaning cycle. Due to the fact that the integrity of the appliance seal or gasket may be compromise during installation or due to age, we recommend the removal of doors and/or drawers from cabinets that are adjacent to or directly above an appliance throughout a cleaning cycle, which will prevent possible damage to the finish or the surface of these cabinets.
Contact Us Today
Renovate Tampa Bay provides kitchen remodeling Tampa residents love. Call Renovate Tampa Bay for cabinets Tampa trusts today!